HOUSTON, Feb. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Spectra Energy Partners, LP (NYSE: SEP) announced that the board of directors of its general partner declared a quarterly cash distribution to unitholders of $0.54625 per unit, an increase of 3 cents over the previous distribution. This is the 25 th consecutive quarter that Spectra Energy Partners has increased its quarterly cash distribution. The cash distribution is payable on February 28, 2014, to unitholders of record at the close of business on February 14, 2014. This quarterly cash distribution equates to $2.185 per unit on an annual basis.
"I'm pleased to announce this significant distribution increase, enabled by the drop down of substantially all of Spectra Energy's U.S. transmission, storage and liquids assets to Spectra Energy Partners in 2013," said Greg Ebel, president and chief executive officer, Spectra Energy Partners. "The 3 cent increase is a significant one-time recognition of the dropdown of U.S. assets from the general partner, and going forward, unitholders can expect at least a 1 cent per unit increase per quarter through 2015."
This information is intended to be a qualified notice under Treasury Regulation Section 1.1446-4(b). Under rules applicable to publicly-traded partnerships, our distributions to non-U.S. unitholders are subject to withholding tax at the highest effective applicable rate to the extent attributable to income that is effectively connected with the conduct of a U.S. trade or business. Given the uncertainty at the time of making distributions regarding the amount of any distribution that is attributable to income that is so effectively connected, we intend to treat all of our distributions as attributable to our U.S. operations, and as a result, the entire distribution will be subject to withholding.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV