SEATTLE, Feb. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] and SilkAir celebrated today the delivery of the carrier's first Next-Generation 737-800. The delivery also marked the start of the Singapore-based airline's transition to an all-Boeing fleet. Over the coming years, Boeing will deliver a total of 23 737-800s and 31 737 MAX 8s to SilkAir.
"The new Boeing 737 aircraft will support our network expansion plans," said SilkAir Chief Executive Leslie Thng. "The transition to an all-Boeing fleet will enable us to efficiently serve more destinations, fly longer routes and increase capacity on existing routes."
SilkAir's new 737 will enter service later this month, flying to existing destinations including in Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia. With the follow-on 737 deliveries, SilkAir will fly the aircraft to more destinations in Cambodia, Vietnam, India and the Philippines starting in March.
"As air travel in the Asia Pacific region continues to grow, Boeing is proud to support SilkAir's plans to fly more passengers and serve more cities," said Dinesh Keskar, senior vice president of Asia Pacific and India Sales, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "The 737-800s efficiency and reliability makes it an excellent addition to the SilkAir fleet. SilkAir's passengers also will enjoy an enhanced flying experience with the comfort of the 737 Boeing Sky Interior and the airline's award-winning service."The Boeing 737-800 is the best-selling versions of the highly successful Next-Generation 737 family, the most technologically advanced airplanes in the single-aisle market. The Next-Generation 737 is the most fuel-efficient and reliable single-aisle airplane today. The airplane provides added value to airlines by delivering reliability, simplicity and reduced operating and maintenance costs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV