NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- While not quite as entertaining as watching peanut gallery members chirp Amazon.com (AMZN) post-earnings, observing Marissa Mayer haters hate Marissa Mayer lengthens attention spans. Because Marissa Mayer hating illustrates the pretension and inanity that pervades the tech media.
Marissa Mayer haters expect Yahoo! (YHOO) to turn around overnight.
Yet, you don't hear quite as much barking about Meg Whitman's five-year plan at Hewlett-Packard (HPQ).
Anyhow, I'm not going to rant and rave. I've done enough of that in previous articles on HP and Yahoo. It's clear where I stand, but I will say it would be nice if Whitman received the same level of scrutiny Mayer does. Because, at this point, relatively speaking, she's getting a free pass.
HPQ data by YCharts
YHOO data by YCharts
Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV