NEW HOPE, Pa., Feb. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Geoff Cook, CEO of MeetMe, Inc. (NYSE MKT: MEET), the public market leader for social discovery, today issued the following statement:
"We understand a lawsuit was filed today by the San Francisco City Attorney and we are reviewing the claims. While we cannot discuss pending litigation, we would like to comment on our existing safety practices generally.
"We care deeply about the safety of all of MeetMe's users. We review hundreds of thousands of photos posted to our services every day, and we compare the information provided by our users to a sex-offender registry. We employ a 24-7 team that responds to reports from our users and work closely with law enforcement when appropriate to assist in their investigations.
"MeetMe also provides a safety statement at the bottom of its website. MeetMe operates the site www.socialsafety.org as an educational resource for online safety, and provides links to it from its website and mobile apps. More details about MeetMe's safety programs can be found at www.meetmecorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/MeetMe_Safety.pdf"About MeetMe, Inc.MeetMe® is the leading social network for meeting new people in the US and the public market leader for social discovery (NYSE MKT: MEET). MeetMe makes meeting new people fun through social games and apps, monetized by both advertising and virtual currency. With 70% of traffic coming from mobile, MeetMe is fast becoming the social gathering place for the mobile generation. The company operates MeetMe.com and MeetMe apps on iPhone, iPad, and Android in multiple languages including English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Russian, Japanese, Turkish and Korean. SOURCE MeetMe, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV