Trade-Ideas: Cemex S.A.B. De C.V (CX) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- CX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $228.3 million.
- CX is up 7.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CX: CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V., through its subsidiaries, engages in the production and sale of cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and other construction materials in Mexico, the United States, Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, South America, the Caribbean, and Asia. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Cemex S.A.B. de C.V a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cemex S.A.B. de C.V has been 14.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cemex S.A.B. de C.V has a market cap of $13.6 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. Shares are up 4.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cemex S.A.B. de C.V as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- CEMEX SAB DE CV has improved earnings per share by 32.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, CEMEX SAB DE CV continued to lose money by earning -$0.79 versus -$1.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.53 versus -$0.79).
- CX, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.9%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for CEMEX SAB DE CV is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.27%. Regardless of CX's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -3.82% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Construction Materials industry and the overall market, CEMEX SAB DE CV's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Cemex S.A.B. de C.V Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.