PITTSBURGH, Feb. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United States Steel Corporation (NYSE: X) announced today that its board of directors voted unanimously to submit a proposal to the company's shareholders at the 2014 annual meeting to amend U. S. Steel's certificate of incorporation to elect directors annually.
U. S. Steel's directors are currently divided into three classes, with the members of each class serving staggered three year terms so that one-third of the board is elected each year.
If the shareholders adopt this proposal, directors elected at the 2014 annual meeting would serve a final three year term, and directors due for election in 2015 will be the first to be elected for one year terms. By 2017, all company directors would be elected annually.
The proposal will be detailed in U. S. Steel's 2014 proxy statement and be voted upon at the annual meeting of stockholders on April 29.For more information about U. S. Steel, visit www.ussteel.com. SOURCE United States Steel Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV