Trade-Ideas: Hartford Financial Services Group (HIG) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Hartford Financial Services Group (HIG) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Hartford Financial Services Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HIG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $164.8 million.
- HIG is up 4.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HIG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HIG NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on HIG: The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides insurance and financial services to individual and business customers primarily in the United States and Japan. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. HIG has a PE ratio of 41.2. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Hartford Financial Services Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.The average volume for Hartford Financial Services Group has been 4.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hartford Financial Services Group has a market cap of $15.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 2.19 and a short float of 5.3% with 4.71 days to cover. Shares are down 8.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hartford Financial Services Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income increased by 2153.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $13.00 million to $293.00 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1625.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 37.13% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES swung to a loss, reporting -$0.33 versus $1.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.51 versus -$0.33).
- HIG, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 11.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.34, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further.
- You can view the full Hartford Financial Services Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV