Artisan Partners Asset Management Inc. (NYSE: APAM) (the "Company" or "Artisan Partners") today reported its results for the quarter ended December 31, 2013, and net income and earnings per share for the period from March 12, 2013 (the closing date of its initial public offering) through December 31, 2013. The Company's board of directors today declared a quarterly dividend of $0.55 per share of Class A common stock and a special annual dividend of $1.63 per share of Class A common stock. Both dividends, a total of $2.18 per share, will be paid on February 28, 2014 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on February 14, 2014.
In reference to 2013 Eric Colson, President and CEO, said, “During the year, we evolved our capital structure through our initial public offering, we expanded our brand to new prospects overseas, we continued to evolve several investment teams and we started our sixth investment team. That represents a significant number of business accomplishments that came together over the course of twelve months to further position the firm to achieve our long-term objectives.”
Mr. Colson noted, "As of December 31, 2013, 8 of our 11 investment strategies (excluding strategies that launched after December 2008) had added value relative to their broad performance benchmarks over the trailing 5-year period and since each strategy's inception. All seven of our investment strategies with a 10-year track record have added value relative to their broad performance benchmarks. In addition, more than 90% of our assets under management were in strategies outperforming the respective benchmarks over the trailing 3-year and 10-year periods and since each strategy's inception. Over the trailing 5-year period our U.S. Mid-Cap Value strategy, which represents 15% of our assets under management, trails its benchmark by less than 20bps - essentially in line with the market during a strong bull market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV