Praxair, Inc. (NYSE: PX) announced it has completed the acquisition of Praxair Distribution Mid-Atlantic, LLC (PDMA), its industrial gases distribution joint venture. Praxair previously held a majority ownership stake in the business. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
PDMA is the largest industrial gases distributor in the U.S. Mid-Atlantic region, operating 51 production and distribution facilities. With 2013 sales of over $225 million, the business serves approximately 39,000 customers in the healthcare, pharmaceutical, environmental, chemical, bio-technology, university research and metal fabrication industries.
“Fully integrating PDMA’s operations into our core packaged gases business will enable us to achieve further synergies,” said Scott Kaltrider, president Praxair Distribution, Inc. “This business is an attractive mix of industrial gases and welding products and supplies and has successfully been aligned with our operations over the past six years."
About PraxairPraxair, Inc., a Fortune 250 company with 2013 sales of $12 billion, is the largest industrial gases company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, metals and many others. More information about Praxair, Inc. is available at www.praxair.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV