- Operating earnings increased 19 percent to $286.0 million for fourth quarter 2013, compared to $240.3 million for fourth quarter 2012. Operating earnings per diluted share (EPS) increased 19 percent to $0.96 for fourth quarter 2013, compared to $0.81 for fourth quarter 2012. For the twelve months ending Dec. 31, 2013, operating earnings increased 31 percent to $1,059.9 million, compared to $808.8 million for the twelve months ending Dec. 31, 2012. Full year 2013 operating earnings EPS increased 32 percent to $3.55, compared to $2.69 for full year 2012.
- Net income available to common stockholders for fourth quarter 2013 increased 9 percent to $233.4 million, or $0.78 per diluted share, compared to $214.9 million, or $0.72 per diluted share for fourth quarter 2012. For full year 2013, net income available to common shareholders increased 14 percent to $879.7 million, or $2.95 per diluted share, compared to $773.6 million or $2.58 per diluted share for the twelve months ending Dec. 31, 2012.
- Operating revenues for fourth quarter 2013 were $2,741.6 million, an increase of 20 percent, compared to $2,293.1 million for fourth quarter 2012. Operating revenues for the full-year 2013 increased 5 percent to $9,607.4 million compared to $9,175.4 million for the same period last year.
- Quarterly dividend declared for first quarter 2014 by its board of directors of $0.28 per share of common stock, an 8 percent increase over fourth quarter 2013. The dividend will be payable on March 28, 2014 to shareholders of record as of March 10, 2014.
Principal Financial Group, Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2013 Results; Company Also Announces Common Stock Dividend Increase
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.