- Man of Kale. Superfoods, such as kale, turmeric and sweet potatoes, will enjoy greater popularity as health experts, such as Dr. Oz, applaud their multiple virtues. Expect to see kale in everything from sandwiches to salads to side dishes.
- Lettuce Go. St. Louis will want on-the-go meals and ingredients to be healthier in 2014 as part of their overall goal to eat better. Experts also predict growth in healthy snacks that taste great, such as nuts with unique flavorings.
- Culinary Creds. Experts say more locals will follow TV celebrity chefs in attempting new preparation techniques such as quick pickling, smoking, infusions and sous vide.
- Pit to Plate. Fear not, grillmasters — experts predict that barbeque will remain a staple food and entertainment option for St. Louis residents throughout 2014.
- Ethnic Influences. In addition to more Bosnian-influenced offerings, Asian foods and ingredients — specifically Thai, Vietnamese, Korean and Chinese cuisines — will influence the local food scene.
- No Wining. Beer dinners are expected to replace wine dinners.
- Viva la Veggie. St. Louis will continue to have a high interest in vegetables due to local farms, community groups and schools that are introducing kids to locally grown produce such as asparagus, beans, sweet broccoli, and Southern vegetables like turnips and collards.
- Food Delivery. We’ll see more food trucks serving up lunch, but some experts are predicting that home-cooked meals will be the biggest trend for dinner.
New Shop ‘n Save® 2014 Food Trends Forecast Says Local Influences Key To St. Louis Tastes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.