MERRIMACK, N.H., Feb. 3, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GT Advanced Technologies (Nasdaq:GTAT) is participating in the SPIE Photonics West industry trade show being held in San Francisco, California, February 4-6, 2014. Representatives from GT will be showcasing their Ti:sapphire and LAOS sapphire products. GT is one of the world's top producers of Ti:sapphire material used in high-intensity ultrafast lasers. GT also produces LAOS material using its proprietary HEM crystal growth technology. GT's LAOS sapphire is recognized for its high optical purity and superior performance in demanding optical applications in the Ultraviolet (UV) and Vacuum Ultraviolet (VUV) spectra and for use in high intensity laser systems where extremely low absorption intrinsic sapphire is necessary.
GT is increasing its focus on Ti:sapphire and LAOS sapphire products and will leverage its considerable crystal growth process and manufacturing expertise to develop more complete sapphire solutions targeted at the high-end optical and laser markets.
About GT Advanced Technologies Inc.GT Advanced Technologies Inc. is a leading diversified technology company producing advanced materials and innovative crystal growth equipment for the global consumer electronics, power electronics, solar and LED industries. Its technical innovations accelerate the use of advanced materials, enabling a new generation of products across this diversified set of global markets. For additional information about GT Advanced Technologies, please visit www.gtat.com .
CONTACT: Media Jeff Nestel-Patt firstname.lastname@example.org 603-204-2883 Investors/Analysts Bob Blair email@example.com 914-552-1413
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV