NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Masayoshi Son, Sprint (S) Chairman and Softbank CEO, will meet with Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler on Monday, and will likely discuss the possible merger with T-Mobile (TMUS), according to a report
Sprint was falling 3.6% to $7.97.
FCC chiefs regularly meet with industry executives, but this particular meeting comes after comments from Son about consolidating the U.S. wireless industry. Son's Softbank is reportedly considering a bid for T-Mobile that would merge the fourth-place carrier with Sprint.
Son is expected to argue his case for carrier consolidation in the meeting with Wheeler, according to The Wall Street Journal. The Justice Department recently suggested that it might approve a merger of Sprint and T-Mobile.Sprint CEO Dan Hesse is also expected at the meeting with Wheeler. S data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV