Water-Logged And Getting Wetter Stock Of The Day: Clean Harbors (CLH)
- CLH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.0 million.
- CLH has traded 309,038 shares today.
- CLH traded in a range 209% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.00.
- CLH traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 54 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 54 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLH: Clean Harbors, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides environmental, energy, and industrial services in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and internationally. It operates in four segments: Technical Services, Field Services, Industrial Services, and Oil and Gas Field Services. CLH has a PE ratio of 24.9. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Clean Harbors a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Clean Harbors has been 625,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Clean Harbors has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 0.62 and a short float of 9.4% with 6.91 days to cover. Shares are down 6.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Clean Harbors as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CLH's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 70.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.95, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.35, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 150.36% to $142.50 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CLEAN HARBORS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -21.65%.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Commercial Services & Supplies industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 186.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $12.36 million to $35.36 million.
- You can view the full Clean Harbors Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.