PLANO, Texas, Feb. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- PepsiCo's Doritos brand today awarded $1 million (U.S.) to one talented winner from Scottsdale, Ariz., for creating the best homemade Doritos ad in the brand's global "Crash the Super Bowl" contest. Ryan Andersen, creator of "Time Machine," received the most fan votes on www.doritos.com to edge out Amber Gill from Ladera Ranch, Calif., whose ad "Cowboy Kid" received the second-highest total fan votes and was chosen as the runner-up by the Doritos brand. Both saw their ads air in front of a global audience during Sunday's Super Bowl XLVIII broadcast, one of the most-watched television events in the world. Both creators won the opportunity to work with Marvel Studios on the set of "Marvel's The Avengers: Age of Ultron," the highly anticipated sequel to the 2012 blockbuster movie " Marvel's The Avengers," which became the third-highest-grossing movie of all time. Runner up Gill was awarded $50,000 (U.S). To see the winning ads, visit www.doritos.com.
"'Time Machine' represents what the 'Crash the Super Bowl' contest is in its truest form — original, bold and creative," said Ram Krishnan, vice president of marketing, PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division. "Out of more than 5,400 ads from around the world, this consumer-created ad came out on top. And now Ryan Andersen is on top of the world."
This is the latest installment of the Doritos "Crash the Super Bowl" contest, which has been held for the past seven years in the U.S. Since it began in 2007, the annual contest has invited U.S. consumers to create and submit 30-second homemade ads celebrating their love of Doritos tortilla chips. This year, Doritos opened up the contest to fans from around the world where Doritos tortilla chips are sold, attracting more than 5,400 submissions from 30 countries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV