Akamai Technologies (AKAM) Is Water-Logged And Getting Wetter Today
- AKAM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $74.8 million.
- AKAM has traded 2.1 million shares today.
- AKAM traded in a range 274.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.30.
- AKAM traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 20 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 20 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AKAM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AKAM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AKAM: Akamai Technologies, Inc. provides content delivery and cloud infrastructure services for accelerating and improving the delivery of content and applications over the Internet in the United States and internationally. AKAM has a PE ratio of 31.5. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Akamai Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Akamai Technologies has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Akamai has a market cap of $8.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 1.49 and a short float of 7.5% with 7.03 days to cover. Shares are up 2.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Akamai Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.13 versus $1.07 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.99 versus $1.13).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 65.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $48.23 million to $79.76 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 17.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- AKAM has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.88, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Akamai Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts