STERLING HEIGHTS, Mich., Feb. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Army TACOM Lifecycle Management Command has awarded General Dynamics Land Systems $72.7 million under an existing contract to upgrade 12 M1A1 Abrams tanks to the M1A2 Systems Enhancement Package (SEP) V2 configuration. General Dynamics Land Systems is a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
The most technologically advanced digital tank, the M1A2 SEP V2 includes improved color displays, day and night thermal sights, commander remote operated weapon station (CROWS II), a Thermal Management System (TMS) and a tank-infantry phone. The M1A2 SEP V2 maximizes the fighting ability of the tank on today's battlefield while preparing the platform for tomorrow's challenges.
The original multi-year contract was awarded in February 2008, which authorized the upgrade of 435 M1A1 tanks that have been in the Army's inventory for more than 20 years. General Dynamics is continuing the conversion of the tanks in the Army's active component to the M1A2 SEP V2 configuration.
Production will be performed by existing employees in Anniston, Ala.; Tallahassee, Fla.; Sterling Heights, Mich.; Lima, Ohio; and Scranton, Pa. and is expected to be completed by December 31, 2015.More information about General Dynamics is available online at www.generaldynamics.com. www.gdls.com SOURCE General Dynamics Land Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV