SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Ettus Research, a National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) company, today introduced the USRP X300 and USRP X310 high-performance, modular software defined radio (SDR) platforms. Both platforms combine two RF transceivers covering DC–6 GHz with up to 120 MHz bandwidth and a large user-programmable Kintex-7 FPGA. The USRP X300 and USRP X310 both feature multiple high-speed interface options, including PCI Express, dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet and dual 1 Gigabit Ethernet and is available in a convenient desktop or rack-mountable half-wide 1U form factor. The USRP Hardware Driver™ (UHD) architecture, common to all NI USRP™ (Universal Software Radio Peripheral) devices, provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use interface. Developers can programmatically control the USRP with the UHD C++ API, or choose from a wide selection of third-party tools and software such as GNU Radio. The USRP X300 and USRP X310 use a flexible software ecosystem to deliver cost-effective, high-performance SDR solutions that help wireless system designers quickly create simple prototypes, develop complex systems and accelerate their wireless research.
Both the USRP X300 and USRP X310 leverage the Kintex-7 family of FPGAs from Xilinx. The USRP X300 uses the XC7K325T, and the USRP X310 is based on the larger XC7K410T. Kintex-7 FPGAs integrate up to 1,540 DSP48 slices operating in parallel so USRP users can deploy custom or third-party signal processing algorithms onto each device. Users can process data in real time using their own DSP algorithms such as filters, modulators/demodulators and coders/decoders. They can also access and control the wide range of peripherals available on each USRP, including the RF front ends.
"The USRP X310 and USRP X300 significantly extend the USRP product family to a new level in capability and processing power," said Matt Ettus, founder and president of Ettus Research. "Offering unprecedented levels of real-time signal processing power and RF bandwidth, the USRP X310 and USRP X300 can now address applications such as next generation 5G wireless standard prototyping, multichannel spectrum scanning and analysis and even active radar prototyping and development."
- Two wide-bandwidth RF transceiver slots with up to 120 MHz of real-time bandwidth
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet and PCI Express bus options for high-bandwidth, low-latency operation
- Large customizable Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA for high performance DSP
- GNU Radio support through the open source UHD
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV