Ford Motor Company January sales of 154,644 total vehicles are down 7 percent from a year ago, while retail sales of 113,721 vehicles are off 5 percent. Ford Mustang and Lincoln brand vehicles posted gains in the first month of 2014.
“Given the difficult weather in our largest sales regions, we are fortunate to have held in at retail as well as we did,” said John Felice, Ford vice president, U.S. marketing, sales and service. “In areas where the weather was good, such as in the West, sales were up. The poor weather also had an impact on the timing of some of our fleet deliveries. A bright spot is Lincoln, which had its strongest sales in four years.”
Sales of Mustang totaled 3,881 vehicles in January. This represents an 8 percent increase over last year and Mustang’s best beginning-of-year performance since 2010.
Lincoln sales are up 43 percent, with 5,973 vehicles sold in January. This represents Lincoln’s best performance for the month in four years. The increase came from Lincoln MKZ, with sales of 2,122 vehicles, up 368 percent, and Lincoln MKX, with 2,479 vehicles sold, a 36 percent year-over-year gain.Ford Motor Company fleet sales were off 14 percent in January, as winter weather hampered the ability to fill a portion of fleet orders.
FORD MOTOR COMPANY JANUARY 2014 U.S. SALES
|SALES BY BRAND|
|SALES BY TYPE|
|Police Interceptor Sedan||680||704||-3.4||680||704||NA|
|Police Interceptor Utility||1,114||653||70.6||1,114||653||70.6|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV