WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Feb. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. (NYSE: KKD) announced today that Dan Beem will be joining Krispy Kreme as Senior Vice President of the Company and President – International later this month. Mr. Beem, age 44, will report to President and Chief Executive Officer Jim Morgan, and will be responsible for the Company's International Franchise business segment. Mr. Beem succeeds Jeff Welch, who has left the Company.
Mr. Beem has over 20 years' experience in the restaurant industry. He most recently served as President of Cold Stone Creamery and Kahala Corp. International, where he directed all international development, operations and franchise development for Kahala's 14 brands and over 3,000 stores worldwide, including over 1,500 Cold Stone Creamery locations in 25 countries. Prior to joining Cold Stone in 2003, he held executive and management positions with Planet Hollywood, T.G.I. Fridays, Gordon Biersch Brewing Company and NASCAR.
"We are truly delighted to have Dan join our team," said Jim Morgan. "His extensive restaurant experience and superb international track record make him an ideal fit to lead our ongoing international expansion and development efforts. We are also appreciative of Jeff Welch's many years of service to Krispy Kreme and wish him well."
About Krispy KremeKrispy Kreme is a leading branded specialty retailer and wholesaler of premium quality sweet treats and complementary products, including its signature Original Glazed ® doughnut. Headquartered in Winston-Salem, N.C., the Company has offered the highest quality doughnuts and great tasting coffee since it was founded in 1937. Today, Krispy Kreme shops can be found in more than 800 locations in over 20 countries around the world. Connect with Krispy Kreme at www.krispykreme.com. SOURCE Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV