SCHAUMBURG, Ill., Feb. 3, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SGNT), a leader of specialty pharmaceutical products with a specific emphasis on the injectable market, today announced the launch of its National Research Center ("NRC") in Chengdu, China. Based in Chengdu's Bio-Technology Park, the NRC will focus on process and method development of technically challenging specialty injectable pharmaceuticals.
Staffed with an international team of experienced research scientists, the center will initially focus on developing both liquid and lypholization products for Sagent China Pharmaceuticals ("SCP"), Sagent's FDA-inspected manufacturing facility, also located in Chengdu.
"Building a first class development center in support of our manufacturing capabilities is a natural next step in our strategic evolution," said Jeffrey M. Yordon, chief executive officer and chairman of the board of Sagent. "The NRC is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and staffed with a team of global experts in specialty injectable development. We are proud of the progress of our team in China and pleased to provide increased support for the rapid development of additional products to be manufactured at SCP."About Sagent Pharmaceuticals Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc., founded in 2006, is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing, sourcing and marketing pharmaceutical products, with a specific emphasis on injectables. Sagent has created a unique, global network of resources, comprising rapid development capabilities, sophisticated manufacturing and innovative drug delivery technologies, resulting in an extensive and rapidly expanding pharmaceutical product portfolio that fulfills the evolving needs of patients.
CONTACT: SAGENT CONTACT: Jonathon Singer firstname.lastname@example.org (847) 908-1605
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV