Mobility Lifecycle Management (MLM) from Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) is setting a new standard for optimizing the performance of business-critical mobile device environments. The service is aimed at companies that want to use mobile devices to transform their business operations.
Yodel, one of the United Kingdom’s leading parcel carriers, is working with Motorola to ensure its device portfolio supports its goal of delivering market leading service. With a workforce of up to 16,000, Yodel delivers around 135-million parcels per year on behalf of the UK’s top retailers, both into stores and direct to consumers.
The company uses handheld mobile devices including Motorola Solution’s MC67, MC45 and RS507 to scan parcels, give its drivers delivery instructions and capture customer signatures. Mobile technology is crucial to the delivery process with individual parcels being scanned at various stages in order to provide accurate tracking for Yodel’s clients and their customers. Its alliance with Motorola gives Yodel a comprehensive managed solution allowing full visibility of its 8,000 mobile devices and 12,000 seasonal devices, ensuring its workforce is well equipped to provide an effective and efficient service. Motorola’s MLM solution has allowed Yodel to cut deliveries confirmed on paper in half compared to previous years while reducing data latency issues by more than 50%.
The MLM solution helps ensure the successful introduction of mobile device technologies across an enterprise by speeding rollout and providing operational support for mobile device and application planning. MLM also supports deployment, management, service desk, repairs, reporting and analysis. Performance is governed by customer-specific service-level agreements and clients will have visibility to all operations and performance measures through the Mobility Lifecycle Management Portal, a customizable browser-based reporting and analysis tool.KEY FACTS
- Yodel is currently operating from more than 60 locations, delivering more than 135-million parcels per year on behalf of more than 1,500 clients, with a focus on retail.
- The MLM service builds on Motorola’s global leadership in mission- and business-critical communications by providing agnostic lifecycle management across Windows® Mobile, Apple® iOS and Android®-based operating systems from a wide variety of device manufacturers.
- A fully managed service, MLM improves operational capability, making it easy to scale to meet changing business needs and reduce operational risk through specialized service delivery and logistical resources.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV