NEW YORK, Feb. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: FCN), the global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance their enterprise value, today announced that its FTI Technology business segment will present on key e-discovery issues during three educational sessions at the LegalTech New York 2014 conference this week. Legal practitioners can earn up to 4.5 continuing legal education credits from most states by attending each of the three sessions on February 5, 2014 at the New York Hilton.
"These panels are designed to provide practical insight and advice on the key challenges impacting e-discovery technology and processes," said Mike Kinnaman, a Senior Managing Director in the FTI Technology segment. "We've enlisted an all-star group of experts from corporations, law firms, industry analysts and the bench to help attendees better prepare for the trends that are shaping the future of e-discovery."
The panel sessions, all to be held in the Trianon Ballroom of the New York Hilton located at 1335 Avenue of the Americas on Wednesday, February 5, 2014, are as follows:
Better Together: Predictive Coding & Analytics on Three Common Use Cases ( 10:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. EST)Predictive coding is a powerful tool to help speed legal review, but it isn't a silver bullet. Analytics can help supplement predictive coding by visually clarifying its results, accelerating review of the remaining materials and assisting in trial and deposition preparation. Using a case study approach, industry experts will discuss workflow options incorporating predictive coding and analytics for three key scenarios: Hart-Scott-Rodino Second Requests, internal investigations and post-production trial preparation. Session attendees will learn about:
- key analytics tools available for the legal review process;
- processes needed to supplement the use of predictive coding as part of a defensible legal review workflow; and
- case study examples of predictive coding and analytics working together on a Second-Request, internal investigation and trial prep.
- key business drivers and benefits of conducting information governance projects and implementing policies;
- how to leverage e-discovery technology and processes for information governance purposes; and
- advice from peers on developing an information governance action plan.
- the evolving data privacy regulatory environment across Asia and Europe;
- common cross-border scenarios and key "dos and don'ts" for maintaining data privacy compliance; and
- case studies of recent multinational discovery projects and additional resources.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts