- First Profit-Share Payment on 15 and 30 mg Generic Focalin XR® Sales
TORONTO, Feb. 3, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Intellipharmaceutics International Inc. (Nasdaq:IPCI) (TSX:I), a pharmaceutical company specializing in the research, development and manufacture of novel and generic controlled-release and targeted-release oral solid dosage drugs, today announced the receipt of approximately $3.1 million as its first payment relating to commercial sales of dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride extended-release capsules by its licensee Par Pharmaceutical, Inc. ("Par"). This represents the Company's share of profits for the 15 and 30 mg strengths of the drug product for the period commencing with the first commercial sales of those strengths on November 19, 2013 and ending December 31, 2013 under its License and Commercialization Agreement with Par. Future profit-share payments are expected on a quarterly basis, although the amounts of any such payments cannot now be determined and may vary significantly from time-to-time. All dollar amounts referenced herein are in United States dollars unless otherwise noted.
As the first-filer for the drug product in the 15 mg strength, the Company currently has 180 days of exclusivity of generic sales for that strength from the November 19, 2013 date of launch in the United States by Par. In addition, Intellipharmaceutics has the potential to receive its share of the profits on the 5, 10, 20 and 40 mg strengths which were also tentatively approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration ("FDA"), subject to the right of another party or parties to 180 days of generic exclusivity from the date of first launch of such strengths of the drug product by such parties. The Company currently believes Par intends to launch these strengths immediately upon the expiry of those exclusivity periods and upon the anticipated final approvals from the FDA at those times, but there can be no assurance as to if or when any such approvals or launches will occur.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV