Today, Clear Channel Outdoor (NYSE:CCO) and the Stars Scholarship Fund launched a campaign on Clear Channel’s seven new digital billboards in El Paso aimed at alerting families with qualified high school and college students that the Fund’s upcoming educational scholarship deadline is March 31, 2014.
Stars Scholarship Fund, a non-profit organization previously known as South Texas Academic Rising Scholars (STARS), previously only awarded scholarships to students residing in South Texas. The 2014-2015 academic year is the first time that West Texas students, including those living in El Paso, are eligible for the scholarships that range from $350 dollars to $10K per-student per-year. Stars Scholarship Fund awards scholarships annually to students at every level of higher education and all fields of study. In addition, scholarships are awarded to students of any age, gender, ethnicity, religion, and background.
“Our organization wished to expand scholarship opportunities into West Texas to serve a greater population of students,” said Joe LaMantia Jr., founder and chairman, Stars Scholarship Fund. “Since this was the first year those students were eligible, we wanted to make sure there was no way they could miss the deadline to apply for this grant money to further their education. Clear Channel Outdoor’s expanded digital network along heavily travelled commuter miles of El Paso highways will ensure greater visibility for the scholarship fund, its deadlines and that qualifying students capitalize on the opportunity.”
El Paso is the nation’s fastest-growing metropolis, with more than 827,000 people now calling the city home. The greater Texas, New Mexico and Mexico area is also home to 2.2 million residents, making the people contributing to the growth of this region an even more important audience for advertisers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV