FORT WORTH, Texas, Feb. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- RadioShack ushered in the company's new brand positioning with a 30-second ad featuring '80s icons during tonight's Super Bowl. The ad is meant to shed outdated perceptions of the brand for consumers in need of a reintroduction to RadioShack.
"This is a bold, strategic move for RadioShack, and we're using the Super Bowl as the platform to get people to rethink RadioShack," said Jennifer Warren, senior vice president and chief marketing officer at RadioShack. "This ad is meant to grab attention, make viewers laugh, and let people know, it's out with the old and in with the new RadioShack."
The ad, titled "The Phone Call," features icons from '80s pop culture who show up to reclaim the technology of their decade, helping the brand turn the page on the RadioShack of the past. The spot opens in a throwback RadioShack store; an associate receives a warning phone call before familiar '80s personalities including Hulk Hogan, Mary Lou Retton, Kid 'n' Play, and Alf, among others, barge in to "take back" their technology. What's left is a sleek, modern store that serves as an introduction and invitation for consumers to shop the new RadioShack."We have spent months talking to consumers about their perceptions of RadioShack and what they want in a shopping experience," Warren said. "Our Super Bowl commercial allows us to show customers that we are listening to them as we reposition the brand."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV