I continue to think that Time Warner is a great way to play the comic book cycle. Disney's (DIS) Marvel unit has had key success with several of its properties. DC Comics is now following close behind and will see several of its characters join forces in 2016's Batman vs. Superman.
In the cosmic battle between DC and Marvel Comics, Time Warner's DC currently seems to hold the advantage over Disney's Marvel. DC Comics also does not have the same character problem as Marvel does. As I have discussed before, Marvel licensed out several of its most known characters (Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, X-Men) to other studios and now sees minimal revenue impact from those key names. Time Warner shares should see a boost if shows like iZombie, Gotham, and The Flash see full seasons and renewals.
At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV