Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman Dies at 46
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman has been found dead in his Manhattan apartment from an apparent drug overdose, police say.
Hoffman, 46, starred in such films as "The Big Lebowski," "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" and, more recently, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire." He garnered a Best Actor Oscar for the title role in 2005's "Capote."
He also starred in Broadway plays and received two Tony Awards nominations.
Survivors include three children and his longtime partner, Mimi O'Donnell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV