NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Earnings season continues this week. Today I provide my pre-earnings buy-and-trade profiles for eight companies in six sectors. Three companies report results after the close today with a focus on Yum! Brands (YUM). The parent of fast food chains: Kentucky Fried Chicken, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell has had issues in recent quarters with KFC in China with regard to the quality of chickens.
My focus stock premarket on Tuesday is luxury apparel retailer Michael Kors (KORS) which set an all-time intraday high at $84.58 on Dec. 19 in anticipation of strong holiday sales.
Two of the stocks profiled today are in the basic materials sector which is 9% overvalued with an underweight rating as 64.3% of the 387 stocks in the sector have sell or strong sell ratings.
Two stocks are in the consumer discretionary sector which is 27.1% overvalued with an equal-weight rating as 85.9% of the 389 stocks in the sector have hold ratings.Archer Daniels (ADM) ($39.48): Analysts expect the company to earn 84 cents a share premarket on Tuesday The stock set a multi-year intraday high at $43.99 on Dec. 30 and traded down to $38.96 on Jan. 29 between its 200-day simple moving average at $37.47 and its 50-day simple moving average at $41.71. The weekly chart is negative with its five-week modified moving average at $40.90 and its 200-week SMA at $31.57. The company has a hold rating is 10.1% overvalued with a gain of 38.4% over the last 12 months. Semiannual value levels are $35.49 and $33.64 with a quarterly pivot at $39.63 and annual risky levels at $42.73 and $44.54.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV