So in other words, I'm saying, "you're wrong and I told you so," but not being a douche about it in public. I enjoy your writing!
As if we haven't sung this song before. In fact, as this chart (courtesy of Nasdaq.com) shows, AMZN tends to go down, sometimes even tank, after it reports earnings:
But that doesn't stop guys who still haven't bought the beers they owe me from our AMZN to $400 bets from chirping. Even my otherwise intelligent friend, TheStreet contributor Robert Weinstein, can't hold back. Here are a few text messages we exchanged after Amazon reported a quarter where profits soared, but the stock plunged:For the record, Robert's in gray. I'm in green there. One of the few people to practice wise restraint vis-a-vis AMZN is another contributor to TheStreet, Jonathan Heller, who wrote:
I can't wait to see Street.com columnist Rocco Pendola's take on Amazon's latest report. Rocco and I don't see eye to eye on much, although his take on high-flying names often challenges my deep value inclinations. As I recall, he and I have a bet on Amazon; that I now appear to be winning. But it's a long time until year-end (bold emphasis added).Right. Because Amazon plays by a different set of rules. As it should. Because, simply stated, Amazon's different. I had a whole long thing written, ready to edit, proofread and publish, but I scrapped the entire narrative after reading what I can confidently call the definitive take on Amazon.com. Nothing I have ever said or could hope to say articulates the 5 Ws plus H of Amazon better than this piece I will direct you to.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV