People Would Pay More for a Healthy Lifestyle
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With all the hoopla over the Affordable Care Act rollout, other trends coming out of the health care market tend to go under-reported. Case in point: The growing trend of consumers across the globe who want (even demand) to pay for healthier living options.
According to Bain & Co., nine out of 10 global health care consumers say they will pay more for "more nutritious food, health education, exercise and innovative health care technologies."
In a report called Growing Business Opportunities for Healthy Living, Bain sees a huge trend among all demographics away from health care and toward health prevention.
In addition, those consumers say they will pay more -- up to 5% of their total annual income -- for products and services that lead to healthier lifestyles.Eighty percent of consumers surveyed by Bain (1,200 health care consumers in new York City, New Delhi and Munich) say they seek healthier choices to combat rising stress, a lack of time in their lives, toxic eating and other bad lifestyle habits. Half of the participants agree they are "not meeting World Health Organization recommended minimum physical activity levels." Another 70% of respondents say health care providers should take the reins in promoting healthier lifestyles and reward consumers who lead healthier lives. Bain analysts say health care prevention is a real -- and growing -- fact of life for consumers all over the globe.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV