SUPERVALU INC. (NYSE: SVU) today announced it has successfully completed the refinancing of its existing $1.5 billion senior secured term loan agreement. The amendment reduces the interest rate margin from 4.0 percent to 3.5 percent while the LIBOR floor remains at 1.00 percent for LIBOR based loans. The amendment also eliminates the springing maturity provision that would have accelerated the term loan maturity to 90 days prior to May 1, 2016 if more than $250 million of the Company’s 8% senior notes remained outstanding as of that date. The maturity date of the term loan remains March 2019. In addition, the amendment increases the Company’s flexibility to make future investments permitted under the term loan and includes certain other non-material changes.
Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley acted as joint lead book-runners and joint lead arrangers while Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Barclays acted as co-managers on the amendment.
SUPERVALU INC. is one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S. with annual sales of approximately $17 billion. SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of 3,358 stores composed of 1,834 independent stores serviced primarily by the Company’s food distribution business, 1,334 Save-A-Lot stores, of which 954 are operated by licensee owners; and 190 traditional retail grocery stores. Headquartered in Minnesota, SUPERVALU has approximately 35,000 employees. For more information about SUPERVALU visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV