15 Drunkest Countries in The World
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The United States ranks 57th in the world in pure alcohol consumption in liters per capita among those aged 15 or higher, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). But while we're slacking down here in the 50s, other nations are topping the charts.
The WHO compiled an extensive list of the drinking habits of more than 150 nations and categorized them into recorded consumption (consumption of alcohol purchased through regular channels), unrecorded consumption (consumption of alcohol produced, distributed and sold outside regular channels, such as homemade or smuggled alcohol), beer consumption, wine consumption, spirits consumption (distilled alcoholic beverages) and other consumption.
Want to find out which of our neighbors is putting us to shame in the drinking department? Then check out our slideshow of the 15 drunkest nations in the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV