NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Manitowoc Company (MTW) soared on Friday following fourth-quarter earnings which beat expectations a day earlier. By late afternoon, shares exploded 17.3% to $29.03.
MTW data by YCharts
After the bell Thursday, the heavy machinery manufacturer recorded net income of 47 cents a share on revenue of $1.1 billion. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected earnings of 34 cents a share.
Over 2014, the Wisconsin-based business expects crane revenue to experience modest top-line growth with operating margins in the high single-digit percentage range. Food service revenue is expected to grow in the mid-single digits with operating margins approaching high-teens percentages.
TheStreet Ratings team rates MANITOWOC CO as a Buy with a ratings score of B. The team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate MANITOWOC CO (MTW) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MTW Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV