On 2/4/14, Banco Santander SA's 6.80% Non-Cumulative Series 4 Guaranteed Preferred Securities (SAN.PRA) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.425, payable on 2/21/14. As a percentage of SAN.PRA's recent share price of $24.94, this dividend works out to approximately 1.70%, so look for shares of SAN.PRA to trade 1.70% lower — all else being equal — when SAN.PRA shares open for trading on 2/4/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 6.82%, which compares to an average yield of 5.81% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, SAN.PRA was trading at a 0.20% discount to its liquidation preference amount. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of SAN.PRA shares, versus SAN:
Below is a dividend history chart for SAN.PRA, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.425 on Banco Santander SA's 6.80% Non-Cumulative Series 4 Guaranteed Preferred Securities:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Banco Santander SA (SAN) makes up 4.53% of the Bank and Brokerage ETF (RKH) which is trading lower by about 1.3% on the day Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV