NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Although the S&P 500 is well off session lows, it certainly had an ugly open on Friday. However, that didn't stop shares of newly publicly traded New Home Company (NWHM) from moving higher Friday.
TheStreet's Debra Borchardt spoke to the company's CEO Larry Webb about the stock's price action. The stock was initially priced at $11 per share but quickly jumped to $12 after opening for trade.
Webb is optimistic about his company's forward prospects. He added that the company has a "great competitive advantage," and that's being reflected in today's stock price.
Webb is proud of his company's "socially conscious" business model, with plenty of contracts in its pipeline and the strong job creation that comes from an expanding business.He said the company has 5,700 lots that they plan to build on as quickly as possible over the next 18 months. "Growth, growth, growth," Webb reiterated. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV