Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 11:07 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Monday.
Chevron (CVX) reported "one of the most disappointing quarters I've seen this year," Cramer said of the company's recent results. CVX fell 49 cents to $111.14.
Smith & Nephew (SNN) announced that it will acquire ArthroCare (ARTC) for $1.7 billion. Cramer enjoyed the market's reaction, saying, "the acquirer's stock goes up; I think it's pretty interesting." ANN fell by 18 cents to $72.06.Wells Fargo upgraded Norfolk Southern (NSC) to buy from hold. Cramer warned investors to be careful buying the stock, because "almost everyone" is bullish right now. NSC declined 3.3% to $89.58. Cramer said he was not a fan of Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A) and other big oil companies such as Chevron and Exxon Mobil (XOM), which have all reported "terrible quarters." RDS.A was off 1.9% to $67.81. Pandora (P) reports earnings this week and Needham & Company says the stock is on its way to $41. Cramer called it "one of the greatest short squeezes of all time," and said that "I would not get in front of this juggernaut on the short side." P was 3% lower to $34.98. AOL (AOL) also reports earnings this week. Cramer said the company has had a "monster change" for the better. He liked the company's partial spinoff of Patch and said CEO Tim Armstrong is doing great. AOL was up 1.7% to $46.87. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, had no positions in stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV