NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Accuray (ARAY) was rising 11% to $10.21 on Friday after the radiation oncology services provider reported its second-quarter earnings results. The stock hit a high of $10.71 as of 12:16 p.m., its highest point in nearly six years.
The company reported gross orders of $80.3 million, while total revenue increased 20% year-over-year to $93.6 million. Gross profit margin grew to 40.8%, while adjusted EBITDA reached $6.8 million. Accuray also adjusted its fiscal year 2014 guidance of total revenue to a range of $340 million to $350 million, up from its previous guidance of $325 million to $345 million, which it provided on Aug. 27, 2013 and reaffirmed on Nov. 7, 2013.
"The second quarter marks our fourth consecutive quarter of net order strength, driven by our improved commercial execution and customer focus. We are pleased with our strong and improving operational performance during the first half of our fiscal year," said president and CEO Joshua H. Levine in the company's statement. "We remain focused on our strategic growth agenda and believe our focus on operational and commercial execution, coupled with fiscal discipline, will continue to create value for all of our stakeholders."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV