2. As of noon trading, Verizon Communications ( VZ) is up $0.34 (0.7%) to $47.97 on average volume. Thus far, 6.2 million shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $47.02-$48.00 after having opened the day at $47.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.63. Verizon Communications Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides communications, information and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses, and governmental agencies worldwide. Verizon Communications has a market cap of $136.4 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 3.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 19 analysts who rate Verizon Communications a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Verizon Communications as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts