Accenture and Goodwill Industries International announced today that Accenture has awarded the organization $1.5M for a new program aimed at helping more Americans achieve the skills needed for college and career success. The three-year grant is part of Accenture's corporate citizenship initiative, Skills to Succeed, which plans to equip 500,000 people around the world by 2015 with the skills to get a job or build a business.
Through GoodProspects® for Credentials to Careers, 40 Goodwill agencies across the country will connect more than 15,000 people with the credentials and assistance they need to equip job seekers with career readiness skills.
"Goodwill was founded more than 110 years ago to help all people find opportunity and reach their goals, utilizing the power of work," said Jim Gibbons, president and CEO of Goodwill Industries International. "Thanks to the generosity and foresight of Accenture, Goodwill will be able to help more people over the next three years."
Over the course of the grant cycle, Goodwill agencies will develop local credentialing partnerships; convene four regional education and industry summits to develop and strengthen the talent pipeline; and offer Accenture employees and others the opportunity to provide program participants with mentoring and skill building support. The grant will also help Goodwill leverage local training and educational opportunities through community colleges to help address the skills gap in businesses across the country."Skills are a key driver of economic empowerment for individuals and communities alike, and the need is greater than ever to have the right skills to open the doors to employment," said Michael Scimo, managing director, Human Capital & Diversity, North America, Accenture. "This program supports our commitment to helping sharpen people's job skills in what has become a very competitive market for workers across the country." GoodProspects® for Credentials to Careers will offer career-readiness services such as resume refinement, job-search assistance, soft-skills workshops and access to technology. Online and on-the-ground skills training will be available through a variety of Goodwill education partners. The services available through GoodProspects® will also encompass financial coaching, credentialing opportunities, employer referrals and childcare and mental-health services. In 2014, the 10 Goodwill agencies selected to launch GoodProspects for Credentials to Careers include:
- Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, Austin, TX
- Goodwill Industries of the Southern Rivers, Columbus, GA
- Goodwill of Northern Arizona, Flagstaff, AZ
- Goodwill Industries of Upstate/Midlands South Carolina, Inc., Greenville, SC
- Goodwill Industries of the Conemaugh Valley, Inc., Johnstown, PA
- Goodwill Industries of the Valleys, Inc., Roanoke, VA
- Goodwill Industries of Orange County, CA, Santa Ana, CA
- Goodwill Industries Manasota, Sarasota, FL
- Goodwill Industries of North Louisiana, Inc., Shreveport, LA
- Goodwill/Easter Seals Minnesota, St. Paul, MN
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV