MKS Instruments Inc. Stock Upgraded (MKSI)
- MKSI's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 52.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MKSI has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.50, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 392.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $4.11 million to $20.24 million.
- 42.60% is the gross profit margin for MKS INSTRUMENTS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, MKSI's net profit margin of 9.90% significantly trails the industry average.
- MKS INSTRUMENTS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MKS INSTRUMENTS INC reported lower earnings of $0.68 versus $0.91 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.51 versus $0.68).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.