Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 2/4/14, Markwest Energy Partners L.P. (MWE) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.86, payable on 2/14/14. As a percentage of MWE's recent stock price of $69.35, this dividend works out to approximately 1.24%, so look for shares of Markwest Energy Partners L.P. to trade 1.24% lower — all else being equal — when MWE shares open for trading on 2/4/14.
Below is a dividend history chart for MWE, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.86 declared by Markwest Energy Partners L.P.:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from MWE is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 4.96% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of MWE shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, MWE's low point in its 52 week range is $53.92 per share, with $75.79 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $69.30.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, MWE makes up 5.11% of the MLP ETF (MLPA) which is trading lower by about 1.1% on the day Friday. In Friday trading, Markwest Energy Partners L.P. shares are currently down about 0.5% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV