US Silica Holdings (SLCA) Is Today's Perilous Reversal Stock
- SLCA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.8 million.
- SLCA has traded 55,789 shares today.
- SLCA is down 12.8% today.
- SLCA was up 6.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SLCA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SLCA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SLCA: U.S. Silica Holdings, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the mining, processing, and sale of commercial silica in the United States. It operates in two segments, Oil & Gas Proppants and Industrial & Specialty Products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. SLCA has a PE ratio of 20.2. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate US Silica Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for US Silica Holdings has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. US Silica has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 10.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates US Silica Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 57.69% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Metals & Mining industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 13.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $18.80 million to $21.33 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.30 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 3.49, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $18.36 million or 25.65% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full US Silica Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.