DUBLIN, Jan. 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Actavis plc (NYSE: ACT) today announced a realignment of its global strategic business structure to maximize the Company's newly strengthened position as a leading specialty pharmaceutical developer, manufacturer and marketer, and to enhance Actavis' position for continued long-term growth.
Under the new organizational structure, announced at Actavis' 2014 Investor Meeting in New York, Actavis' global generics, specialty brands, branded generics, legacy brands, over-the-counter (OTC) and third-party commercial operations and business development have been consolidated into a single new division, under the leadership of Siggi Olafsson, President, Actavis Pharma.
Actavis' generic, brand, inhalation and biosimilars research and development (R&D) organizations have been consolidated under the leadership of Fred Wilkinson, in the newly created position of President, Actavis Global Research and Development.
Mr. Olafsson and Mr. Wilkinson will continue to report directly to Paul Bisaro, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Actavis."Over the past several years, Actavis has evolved into a leading specialty pharmaceutical company with a solid global commercial footprint and a research and development capability unmatched within the industry," said Mr. Bisaro. "This organization will provide unprecedented management focus on driving our Company to the next stage in our evolution and ensure our successful evolution into the world's premier, global specialty pharmaceutical leader. In concert with this realignment, I have established four clear strategic pillars of growth for the continued expansion of Actavis:
- Maximize our commercial structure to capitalize on the value of the pharmaceutical products we are delivering to our customers, regardless of whether they are generic, brand, branded generic, OTC and ultimately biosimilars;
- Ensure continued focus on organic growth through maximization of our research and development expertise;
- Emphasize operational excellence and cost control across our global manufacturing and distribution network; and,
- Deploy capital to drive the continued expansion of our commercial, portfolio and technology capabilities through strategic mergers, acquisitions and business development initiatives that deliver growth multiples that complement our investment in sustainable organic growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV