ImmunoGen, Inc. (Nasdaq: IMGN), a biotechnology company that develops novel anticancer therapeutics using its antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, today reported financial results for the three-month period ended December 31, 2013 – the second quarter of the Company’s 2014 fiscal year. ImmunoGen also provided an update on Company and partner product programs.
“We expect 2014 to be a very active year,” commented Daniel Junius, President and CEO. “We are implementing a data-driven strategy to ensure we have the optimal dosing of IMGN853 for later testing and are planning several data presentations in 2014. We are making solid progress with our IMGN529 compound and expect to report the first clinical data mid-year. While our EGFR-targeting ADC, IMGN289, just entered the clinic in November, we believe there is the potential for data presentation and/or development decisions in the back half of this year. And we continue to expand our opportunity to create anticancer products that make a meaningful difference for patients, as evidenced by our recent presentations on our new platform of payload agents and our latest novel linker as well as by our collaboration with CytomX for access to their novel Probody™ technology. ”
Mr. Junius continued, “This is expected to be an important year for Kadcyla® – in terms of patients, sales development, and the expected reporting of results from the MARIANNE trial. At the same time, seven other highly promising partner compounds also are advancing. We expect a considerable amount of data to be reported in 2014 and next-step decisions to be made for several partner compounds.”
Pipeline UpdateEleven compounds are now in the clinic through ImmunoGen product programs and those of its partners.
- All compounds with ImmunoGen technology that have entered the clinic since the Kadcyla IND continue to advance.
- ImmunoGen expects one or more additional partner compounds to advance into clinical testing in 2014.
- Earlier this week, Roche reported 2013 Kadcyla sales of 222 million CHF in the US and 12 million CHF ex-US (in total, approximately $250 million). Kadcyla was approved and launched in the US in February 2013 and in some international markets over the course of 2013. ImmunoGen receives and recognizes royalties on Kadcyla sales in the quarter after the quarter in which Roche records the sales.
- In November 2013, Kadcyla was approved for marketing in the European Union, the second largest pharmaceutical market globally. As with other international markets, the timing of launches in individual EU countries will vary depending on reimbursement processes.
- Roche has opened the Phase III trial, KAITLIN, to assess Kadcyla for adjuvant use in patients with operable HER2-positive breast cancer. Roche reported in October that it also plans to assess Kadcyla for neoadjuvant use for this cancer and expects to have pathological complete response (pCR) results in late 2015. Roche continues to expect to have results from its MARIANNE trial in late 2014 and from its GATSBY trial in early 2015, and, with positive outcomes, to apply in 2015 for first-line treatment of HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer and second-line treatment of advanced HER2-positive gastric cancer, respectively, with the findings from these trials.
- The Company plans to present the data in support of dosing IMGN853 based on adjusted ideal body weight (AIBW) at a scientific conference in 2Q 2014. ImmunoGen also intends to report patient data at a medical conference in mid-2014 showing the impact of AIBW dosing on therapeutic window.
- ImmunoGen expects to begin enrolling patients with platinum-resistant ovarian cancer and those with relapsed/refractory endometrial cancer in 1H 2014 in the first IMGN853 Phase I expansion cohorts and to report the first disease-specific data with the compound in 2H 2014. These patients will receive IMGN853 using the current dosing schedule.
- ImmunoGen will also evaluate IMGN853 administered with a more frequent dosing regimen, to enable the best dosing regimen to be used in further evaluation of the compound.
- ImmunoGen expects the first IMGN529 clinical data to be reported at a medical conference in mid-2014.
- The Company expects patient dosing in expansion phase cohorts to begin in 2H 2014.
- The Company advanced IMGN289 into the clinic in November 2013. The Company potentially could report initial clinical findings and/or development steps in 2H 2014.
- Initial findings with BT-062 used in combination with Revlimid® (lenalidomide) plus dexamethasone (“len/dex”) to treat heavily pretreated multiple myeloma (MM) were reported in an oral presentation at ASH in December 2013. The findings included that the combination was well tolerated at the selected dose and that 100% of evaluable patients had a response to treatment of stable disease or better, including all of the len/dex-refractory patients. The expansion part of this Phase I trial is ongoing.
- Patient enrollment is expected to start in early 2014 in a Biotest trial assessing BT-062 for the treatment of bladder cancer and triple-negative breast cancer.
- Its first clinical data were reported at ASH in December and selected for “Best of ASH.” When used as a single agent to treat heavily pretreated MM, 77% of evaluable patients had a response to SAR650984 of stable disease or better. Its maximum tolerated dose was not yet established.
- Phase II data reported at ASH showed SAR3419 was well tolerated and demonstrated activity, even among patients with primary refractory disease, when used in combination with Rituxan® (rituximab) to treat diffuse large B-cell lymphoma previously treated with several lines of standard therapies, including Rituxan. Two other SAR3419 Phase II trials are ongoing in relapsed/refractory DLBCL and in acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- This follows presentation of encouraging initial clinical findings with another ADC from the collaboration, SAR566658, at AACR-NCI-EORTC in October, as previously reported.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts