3. 2014 Chevrolet Malibu 3LT Sedan
Selling price: $24,322
The effects of the 2013 makeover are starting to fade a bit, but the Malibu is still making inroads in this category.
Automakers across the board are trying to make their midsizes a bit more fun with a few tech playthings. General Motors made a big point of it by packing the Malibu's base model with an AM-FM stereo with iPod/USB and auxiliary input jacks, Bluetooth with hands-free streaming of audio from compatible devices, OnStar and Sirius XM Satellite Radio. Everything above that base model gets a large touchscreen display using Chevrolet's MyLink information and entertainment system, Pandora Internet Radio playback and Sirus XM Travel Link navigation.This 3LT version throws in some projector-style halogen headlights, heated rearview mirrors, fog lamps, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, dual-zone climate control, remote starter and a 2.0-liter engine with 259 horsepower. The combined 29 miles per gallon is better than the highway mileage of some midsize competitors and an improvement from 27.5 in 2012, but the facelift it got for 2014 makes the Malibu's exterior just as stylish as its two-tone interior.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV