RIO DE JANEIRO, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Oi S.A. (" Oi") – BM&FBOVESPA: OIRBR3 and OIBR4 / NYSE: OIBR – informs its shareholders and the Market in general that the Administrative Council for Economic Defense ( Conselho Administrativo de Defesa Economica), (" CADE"), the Brazilian antitrust regulator, has approved, without restrictions, the transaction subject of the Material Fact dated October 2, 2013, in connection with the consolidation of the activities and businesses of Oi and Portugal Telecom, SGPS, S.A. and that, yesterday, the deadline for third parties to lodge appeals against the decision or for CADE's Tribunal ( Tribunal do CADE) to review the decision expired without manifestation by such parties. For this reason, the decision by CADE published on January 14, 2014 has been fully affirmed.
Rio de Janeiro, January 30, 2014. Bayard De Paoli GontijoInvestor Relations Officer Oi S.A.
SOURCE Oi S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV