(NYSE:KED) Kayne Anderson Energy Development Company (the “Company”) today announced its financial results for the quarter and fiscal year ended November 30, 2013.
• Net asset value: $29.96 per share; up 26.2% during fiscal 2013
• Distribution of $0.50 per share for the fourth quarter; increased 16.3% in fiscal 2013• Net investment loss for fiscal 2013: $1.5 million • Net realized gains for fiscal 2013: $3.9 million • Net unrealized gains for fiscal 2013: $80.9 million RESULTS OF OPERATIONS – QUARTER ENDED NOVEMBER 30, 2013 Investment income totaled $2.9 million for the quarter and consisted primarily of net dividends and distributions. The Company received $8.7 million of dividends and distributions during the quarter, of which $5.9 million was treated as a return of capital. Interest and other income was $0.1 million. The Company received $0.2 million of paid-in-kind dividends during the quarter, which are not included in investment income, but are reflected as an unrealized gain. Operating expenses totaled $2.7 million, including $1.8 million of net investment management fees, $0.6 million of interest expense and $0.3 million of other operating expenses. Interest expense included $0.1 million of amortization of debt offering costs. KA Fund Advisors, LLC, the Company’s investment adviser, agreed to waive 0.25% of its 1.75% management fee for a one-year period effective October 3, 2013. The Company’s net investment income totaled $0.1 million and included a current income tax expense of $0.5 million and a deferred income tax benefit of $0.5 million. The Company had net realized gains from investments of $1.6 million after taking into account a current income tax benefit of $1.1 million and a deferred income tax expense of $2.1 million. The Company had a net increase in unrealized gains of $25.2 million. The net increase consisted of $40.1 million of unrealized gains from investments and a deferred income tax expense of $14.9 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts