Yahoo! gained 1.2% to close at $35.31.
Incredible Labs is best known for its personal assistant app Donna. The personal assistant app has features similar to Google's (GOOG) Google Now service. The app helps users get to appointments on time by providing them with traffic information when they're about to leave, or should be leaving for a meeting. It can also email a user's contacts when they're running late to those meetings.
The Donna app was previously available in Apple's (AAPL) App Store, but is no longer available.
In a blog post Incredible Labs CEO (and former Yahoo! employee) Kevin Cheng said "We're looking forward to the possibilities that will come from bringing the Donna vision-letting technology take care of you-to Yahoo. Upon closing, our team will be joining Yahoo and working with some incredibly talented people, or in the case of some of us, returning to a company we know and love."
TheStreet Ratings team rates YAHOO INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate YAHOO INC (YHOO) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, YHOO's share price has jumped by 95.87%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, YHOO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for YAHOO INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.56%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 26.04% is above that of the industry average.
- YHOO, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- YAHOO INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, YAHOO INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.28 versus $0.82 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 55.3% in earnings ($1.47 versus $3.28).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YHOO Ratings Report