ScanSource, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCSC), the leading international value-added distributor of specialty technology products, today announced financial results for its second quarter in fiscal year 2014, for the period ended December 31, 2013.
|Quarter ended December 31, 2013:|
$0.64 per share
"Year-over-year growth for both of our communications business units in North America drove strong operating performance," said Mike Baur, CEO, ScanSource, Inc. "Our worldwide POS and barcode business units showed improved market demand, and quarterly revenues for Brazil were an all-time record."
For the quarter ended December 31, 2013, net sales totaled $740.6 million. This represents a 1.2% increase from the prior quarter’s sales of $731.9 million and a 0.9% decrease from net sales of $747.7 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012. Operating income totaled $27.5 million, compared with $24.4 million in the prior year quarter. Net income for the quarter ended December 31, 2013 totaled $18.3 million, or $0.64 per diluted share, compared with net income of $16.4 million, or $0.59 per diluted share, for the prior year quarter. Excluding expenses associated with Belgian tax compliance and personnel replacement costs, adjusted net income for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 totaled $17.8 million, or $0.64 per diluted share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV